KEEPING WESTERN HERITAGE ALIVE IN THE SOUTH BAY AREA IS A PRIORITY FOR THE GILROY RODEO
WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON BEING THE PLACE WHERE GILROY'S WESTERN PAST MEETS THE PRESENT HERITAGE IN OUR COMMUNITY. THIS YEAR, WE WERE LOOKING TO HONOR AN OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY MEMBER WHO WORKS HARD TO PRESERVE THE WESTERN LIFESTYLE. THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL SERVE AS OUR 2019-2020 GRAND MARSHAL. A GRAND MARSHAL IS AN HONORARY TITLE GIVEN TO AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS MADE ON IMPACT ON THE CAUSE OF AN ORGANIZATION, SIMILAR TO A GUEST OF HONOR. TO FIND THE PERFECT CANDIDATE, WE ARE ASKING OUR COMMUNITY TO IDENTIFY THOSE WHO STAND OUT TO THEM.
THE GILROY RODEO HAS CLOSED NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2019-2020 GRAND MARSHAL. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR NOMINATIONS AND PATIENCE AS WE TAKE SOME TIME TO SELECT OUR 2019 GILROY RODEO GRAND MARSHAL.
- Nominees should display outstanding service, pride and/or commitment as it relates to western heritage in the South Bay Area
- Candidate must have made an outstanding impact on the community during their time in the area
- Nominee’s activities should be above and beyond their chosen profession or normal call of duty
- Candidates must have the ability to attend all rodeo performances and other events as assigned
- Deceased members of the community who have made outstanding contributions to rodeo may be nominated, however, the nominator must be willing and able to attend all scheduled events and activities in their place